Saturday, June 7, 2008

Wet n'Wild Weekend

Hola, Poppers! It's another dreary day in The Circle City, but Halle's still feeling fierce, ferosh and FAB!! I just have a couple of things to tell you about before I'm out for the weekend. First and foremost is Circle City INPride Skate '08.

IMNSHO, this is not just an event to kick off Circle City INPride '08...it's THE event to kick off the festivities!! I could not be more proud of our little committee for the planning we've been doing, and now we're just about 30 hours away from executing. Keep your fingers crossed, babies. FitnessNerd, Summer Clearance, Marmaduke and yours truly were out and about advertising the event last night. We managed to hit Downtown Olly's, English Ivy's, The Varsity, Cosmos, Talbott Street, The Ten and Metro in about two hours. Thanks to FitnessNerd for keeping us on schedule...it was kinda like a mini-Bag Lady Bus Tour. He just needed Cadillac Barbie's bullhorn to make it complete.


Everyone we talked to last night seemed pretty excited about the event. As I've mentioned before, we had about 50 people there last year. I would love Love LOVE to have 150 there this year. Summer is saying 250...Marmaduke thinks 300. I'll let you know how it all plays out. As a reminder, the event is at Skateland { skatelandindy.com } at 3902 North Glen Arm Road (just off of 38th Street and 465) from 6:30 - 8:30. We'll have a few of the Naptown Roller Girls { naptownrollergirls.com } joining the Bag Ladies for a relay race and you, my little Poppers, will have an opportunity to win the title of Drag Skate Queen 2008 if you'd like to enter our drag race. Your gurl Halle is passing this crown, so come on out! I'd love to see you there.



The next event I'd like to tell you about is Miss Bloomington Newcomer (hopefully) being hosted tonight at Uncle Elizabeth's. The status of the pageant is somewhat undecided because of the weather. Apparently, all of the routes into Bloomington are fa-looded! We need those waters to recede, so if anyone has any pull with the big DQ in the sky, puh-leeze start prayin'!



Miss Bloomington Newcomer is special to me because: a) Miss Holly Lujah was last year's winner and your current reigning queen; and b) Miss Naomi Divine is competing. I wish I could be there tonight and I hope that the weather cooperates. I would be all kinds of fahklempt if Holly wound up crowning Naomi. Ladies and gentlemen, esteemed panel of judges, for your consideration, Miss Naomi Divine:



*kiss kiss* Naomi. Gurl, you better work!

Enjoy your weekend, Poppers!!

Halle

*update* Due to poor travel conditions, Miss Divine did not compete for Miss Bloomington Newcomer, but she did inform me of the following: Miss Naomi Divine actually won Miss Bloomington Newcomer in 2005 and crowned Holly Lujah last year. The crown she's wearing in the picture posted above is from the 2005 pageant. Thank you for the history lesson, Naomi. *kiss kiss*

No comments: