Monday, June 9, 2008

Bag Ladies Blazin Bouffants

Bonjour, sweetpeas! Your gurl Halle is SOOOORE, OMIGAWD!!


So yesterday was Circle City INPride Skate '08 and it was a massively ferosh event! For those of you who didn't make it to last year's skating event, there were about 50 of us there; we more than tripled the attendance this year with final count at 171 people.


I think people deem events a "success" on a variety of levels. One might consider an event a success based on the number of people; someone else might base success on the amount of money raised. Some other person might deem an event a success on how many pats on the back or how many times they hear "thank you." Yours truly calls this year's skating event a success because of the diversity of the crowd. I was tickled pink to see kids from about age 5 or 6 skating around the rink along with adults in their (I'd say) 60's. There were kids from IYG, families with two mommies, families with two daddies, single parent families, lesbians, gay men, str8 peoples and every race, color & creed...I couldn't be more proud of Marmaduke, FitnessNerd & Summer Clearance. I consider myself privileged to have worked with all of them on this event.


Just a couple of highlights: we crowned a new Miss Drag Skate Queen AND The Bag Ladies Blazin Bouffants got their padded tushes smacked by the Naptown Roller Girls, but it was all in fun. I was happy they showed up and participated in the event. Their DJ did a pheNOMenal job of spinnin for us...the music was funky, fun & FIERCE! The session started and ended with the absolute gayest rollerskating song ever..."XANADU," but while we played the original at the beginning of the session, we closed it out with a special version. Local drag queen Cherylynn Douche' performed a live version of the song to close out the party. It was like the opening and closing ceremonies of the gay Olympics. Special thanks to Cherylynn...you did a great job, gurl!

*pictures to follow*



That's all I've got to say for right now other than letting you know that if anyone wants to rub my thighs and my calves, I'm game. Ba-RING it!



Toodles, peppers!



Halle

No comments: