Monday, June 30, 2008

The countdown is on!!

Hola, Poppers! I hope you've all had an awesome day! It's been a productive one at work for Halle. I'm doing all I can to not completely check out, but the bottom line is this...in 39 hours your gurl Halle will be bookin' her flabby butt to Las Vegas!! I'm so excited I just can't stand it!


The breastest part is that I'll be travelling with some of my favorite people in the world, FitnessNerd, Blanche, Maestro and (Indy) Mom! We fly out at 8:15 Wednesday morning and arrive in Sin City at 9:25. On the schedule after getting off the plane are cocktails, a little bit of gambling and an afternoon at the spa for a facial and massage. O MI GAWD!! All kinds of fun and frivolity are planned, but I just prefer to go where the day takes me.


As I mentioned last week, we'll be updating our blogs while we're out there so stay tuned!


I just wanna put a little idea in my Poppers heads...Halle and Helpers are in the process of planning a lil fundraiser to take place in September. If you haven't heard, plans are being laid for a GLBT community resource center in our lil town of Indy. When I heard about it, the first thing I wanted to do was get on board and do some fundraising for it. Mark your calendars now for September 20, 2008. Yours truly will be hosting a lil Louisiana style fish fry with all the fun and trappings of Mardi Gras. You'll hear all about it during the next few months and I'd love to have you there. Keep your fingers crossed that all the sponsors can be lined up and that the event goes off without a hitch.


I'm sure I'll do a quickie post tomorrow before I jet for the day, but wanted to throw these few thoughts out there.


Before I close out for the day, I just want to send a big hug and positive energy to someone very special to me. Sequoia Pentecost will be undergoing major surgery this week and will be under doctor's care for several weeks after. Sequoia, doll...you know Halle adores you and WILL be thinking of you and praying that everything goes well. I'll see you when I get back! Love you, sister!




That's it for today, Poppers! Enjoy the evening and I'll holla at cha later!

Keep it spicy, babies!

Halle

1 comment:

HollyLuyah said...

My thoughts and Prayers are w/ Sequoia too. Hope you have a healthy, speedy recovery. Much love, Luyah