Friday, July 4, 2008

Halle @ Harrah's

Hola Poppers! I hope everyone's doing well all around the world. I'd like to send a special shout to those of you who are reading Halle's Happenings in New Zealand, India and Australia. Thank you so much for checking in with your gurl!

As I mentioned earlier in the week, Halle is with her favoritest people, FitnessNerd, Blanche, Maestro and (Indy)Mom in the Sin City, LAS VEGAS!! So far everything's gone off without a hitch and we're having a pretty good time.

We arrived Wednesday and just sort of wandered around the Strip taking in the sights and doing a little bit of gambling before having dinner at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. We turned in relatively early to prepare for our big Gay Adventure on Thursday. We got up Thursday morning and headed to a wonderful breakfast buffet at Paris before leaving for more sightseeing. Can I tell you that I just love Love LOVE sausage and bacon? I just aDORE salted breakfast meats. We hit all the big historic hotels along the Strip including The Flamingo, Caesar's and MGM Grand. Now Halle appreciates history and all that rot, but I was ready to do some more gambling. I hit several slot machines, but my absolute FAVorite was one called Tabasco. It's hot Hot HOT because the items on the machine are all sorts of peppers, Poppers! It's a machine just made for Halle! Habaneros, Jalapenos...all hot & spicy!

Thursday afternoon, Blanche, Maestro (Indy)Mom and I decided to ride the Manhattan Express rollercoaster at New York New York. It was fun, not horribly scary or jarring and we got some fun pics on it.

After we left New York2, it was time to head to Paris to pick up our Gay Days welcome packs. It's composed of a cute little red bag that says Paris Las Vegas "gay days & nights las vegas," and is filled with all kinds of information for the weekend. We also picked up our official Gay Days dog tags which allow free entry to Krave tonight and reduced cover charges at some of the other gay haunts in LV.

We went to the kickoff party at Risque in Paris last night. It was $25 to get in with all proceeds going to local HIV/AIDS related charities. It was supposed to allow free cocktails from 10:00 - 12:00 at Risque...I won't say much about the party other than to say it could use some tweaking. Bottom line, however the funds raised were going to a good cause so that's all that should matter.

Last night, your Halle also had the privilege of meeting Perez Hilton. He was gracious when asked to pose for fotos with Blanche and I...I'll give him props: Perez has lost some serious pounds and has a hot Hot HOT boyfriend. Or maybe he was just a "friend" for the evening. Regardless, it was nice to meet him as he's somewhat a personal idol. I think I'm a little nicer than he is, but I appreciate how gregarious he is in his "reporting" on his blog. I'll post pics later.



Tonight we're headed to The Price is Right with some str8 friends from Indy and then heading to Krave for a Gay Days & Nights party. We just got in from the pool and I'm gonna take a little nap before we start getting ready for the evening. Tonight is supposed to be our 24 hours of madness, mayhem, fun and frivolity. Gurl's getting old though, so I don't know if I'll make it through. I'll let you know later. ;-)

Before I take off, I need to report that Sequoia came through her surgery and is doing well. Cadillac Barbie gave me an update last evening. Keep it up, Sequoia! Love ya, doll.

Holly, I see your comments, babe...thanks. ;-) I visited a speciality shop on Wednesday and I'm bringing something special back for you.

Alright, Poppers...that's where we are for now. I want to wish you an awesome 4th of July...celebrate your freedoms, babies. America ain't as bad as some people think.

Love you, babies!

*kiss kiss*

Halle

No comments: