Thursday, July 17, 2008

Feeling sooo much better...

Hola, Poppers!

Yesterday was a HORRIBLE day for your gurl Halle. I was on my way into work yesterday morning when I, how do I put this delicately, blew chunks all over my frock and my car. It was sooo not pretty.

I called my boss and explained the sitch to him then drove home where I spent the next 6 hours alternately laying down and running back and forth to hug the loo. With no one to hold my hair, I was a sniveling, vomiting, wretching mass of a mess begging for some intruder to break in and put me out of my misery. Around 3:30, I was finally able to keep down some consomme' and flat Sprite the roomie had in the fridge. It was truly a wonderful way to spend the day. Thank Cher I'm feeling sooo much better today.

I'll be heading downtown for the Pride mixer at Agio this evening. If you haven't been to one, the Indy Pride mixer is a great way to meet some fanTAStic people. They can help you get plugged in to the community and attendance also provides an opportunity for networking. I've only been to a couple of the mixers, but Agio consistently provides a scrumptions selection of apps to enjoy with beer, wine and cocktails. The mixer will be from 6:00 - 8:ish at Agio. Stop by to eat, meet & greet!

I don't have alot planned for this weekend other than work. I'm working at an ice cream social tomorrow and have work-related pool parties on Saturday & Sunday; rough way to make a living, huh? I suppose it beats being stuck in an office or store all day. I'll be going with friends to a late night showing of "The Dark Night" on Saturday. In preparation, I re-watched "Batman Begins" Tuesday.

Halle doesn't watch much TV, but I've become pretty hooked on Shear Genius on Bravo and I was excited to see Project Runway kick off its new season last night. I'll be posting occasionally on these shows. If you haven't seen either of them, check them out! There's tons of drama! Anytime you have shows about fashion designers or hairstylists, you can be sure there will be plenty of homos and catty gals. Fights, tears, breakdowns...it's WONderful! Oh, and the talents of the contestants provide much in the way of inspiration for fashion forward 'mos and drag queens and the girls and gurls who love them!

I had a fun lil evening with Holly Luyah and Stella Couture on Monday. Great to see you gals! ;-)

Going to be somewhat laid back for the next couple of days babies, but be sure to check back for mini-posts.

Have a great week/end, habaneros!

Love ya, mean it.

*kiss kiss*

Halle

p.s. Sorry about the gossip teaser the other day. Some of you didn't think it was very nice...I thought it was cute. :-)

No comments: