Sunday, August 3, 2008

Yes, yes...I know...

it's been almost two weeks since my last post. I'm sooo sowwy. :-( I've just been extremely busy with work. So busy in fact, that I won't have a day off until Friday when I leave for Chi with FitnessNerd, Blanche and Maestro. Friday will NOT get here quick enough.

Before I get too deep into drag droppings, let me set the record str8 on one thing:

Halle Pino is NOT responsible for the recent outbreaks of salmonella reported by the CDC!! You can eat me with absolutely noooo fear. The only thing about me that's contagious is my attitude, poppers!! ;-)


On to sick & sweet sightings. I've had several conversations with some local performers and want to take a few minutes to let you know of what's coming down that feather and fur-lined pike that is drag in Indy.


Let me back up for a minute though...if you read this blog with any regularity, you know I just aDORE Holly Luyah. Sunday, July 27th, Holly worked it OUT at Talbott Street. O Mi GAWD, I was moved Moved MOVED by every performance! I got to spend some time with Holly after the show and gurl admitted she was in the zone. Bette to Babs to Liza? Seriously...three wig changes? Three costume changes? Channelling three Divas? In one number? Holly baby I was either drunk n'dreaming or...YOU KILT IT!! love Love LOVE you!!



I had the pleasure of dining with Naomi Divine and Stella Couture earlier in the week at Scotty's Brew Pub...we had the opportunity to dish & discuss drag and drool over the nasty, naughty northside boys. I think I may have to eat at Scotty's more often. MeOWR!

Stella and I met up with Miss Encompass 2008 Annastacia Demoore recently and she had some tres titillating tidbits to tantalize! If you haven't heard yet, Illusions V(I) has new owners!! According to Annastacia, they're in the process of remodeling (smoke-eaters and ice cold A/C perhaps?) and renaming the bar and are asking for your input. If you have a suggestion for a new name, stop by and drop it in the box they have set up. The remodel is ongoing and they'll maintain their regular hours during the facelift. I'm excited to see the new look, how about you?!?



They still have the familiar faces of Angela Stone, Christina Stone and Aurora Michaels on cast with Gina Thomas and Annastacia herself rounding out the bevy of buxom babes. Get down to 1446 East Washington Street right here in Indy (46201) to check out these ladies and watch as the remodel progresses. I've not had the pleasure of featuring Annastacia before, so here's a pic of the luscious lady:

I've shared the stage with her once before and have nothing but respect for this dancing Diva. In addition to being on cast at Illusions, you can catch Annastacia (honey, I'm just gonna call you Anni on here...my nails keep getting hung up in the keyboard) at Talbott Street on August 14 for a benefit for Miss Gay Indianapolis 2008 Erica King as she prepares to compete at Miss Gay Indiana.

This will most likely be my only post this week (but be sure to check back just in case) before we head to Chi for North Halsted Market Days, so here are a few events coming up this week/next weekend:

Illusions: 8/6/08 ~ 80's Dance Party...8/8 & 8/9 ~ Special Guest Paula Demora

Talbott Street: 8/8/ & 8/9 ~ Special Guest Desiree Demornay...8/10 ~ Special Guest Samantha Lynn

501 (not drag, but HOT): 8/8 ~ Olympic Stud Night...8/9 ~ Rubber/Latex Night

Downtown Olly's : ongoing through August ~ $1 Bud, Bud Lite, Coors Lite and Miller Lite longnecks. That's right...$1 longnecks!! And across the land, the Lesbians rejoiced!! DO Lesbians rejoice? Hmm...discuss.

Get out and do something, babies!!

Congratulations are in order for Aurora Diamond and her fine-azz hubby. They celebrated their 3 year anniversary with a ferosh lil soiree yesterday. Aurora was sportin some sweet ice on her left ring finger courtesy of Steve...that man is destined for sainthood. St. Stephen Aurorae Boreallis. Auspcium mellioris awai...amen. Aurora & Steve have a gorgeous home. (Loved your inner sanctuary, habanero! I'd LOVE to see what "timeless fabric" looks like.) Hoaglin's did a fierce job of catering and it was just a loverly afternoon/evening. *kiss kiss* to the happy couple!

Last but not least, a special shout out to my bestest drag gurlfriend. We've grown up together and I just love her...Happy Birthday, Summer Clearance!!! You know I love you more'n my luggage.














That's it for now, poppers. Halle loves you!! *kiss kiss*

3 comments:

nickabouttown said...

Dear Christ...I need ADD meds after reading that

lol

Romeo said...

I'm a lil bit flighty, yes?!? At least we know what we'll be missing while we're in Chi. But thank CHER for the remodel at Illusions!!

Kelly B. Flynn said...

I know this post is a few months old...but do you know how I can get in touch with Annastacia? You can e-mail me privately at: knbird@gmail.com.