Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hawaiian Lei'd Edition

Good morning, habaneros! It's your gurl Halle feeling oh so bright-eyed and bushy-tailed on a gorgeous Wednesday! Yours truly is off from work today and looking forward to spending some time sunbathing. I do spend some time in a fake bake, but there is nothing like good ol Sol to put some pep in your step and some rosy in your cheeks. My mamacita asked me once, "Halle...why do joo have to tain? Joo already have such pretty skeen!" I said to her, "Mami, look at it this way...which would your rather eat: a raw pork roast or a cooked one?" It caused her to think just like you. :-)

This is going to be a short post, but I did want to take a moment to introduce you to two DQs I saw out and about last night. I've had the opportunity to share the stage with both of them and I want my Poppers to get to know them.

The first gurl I wanna give a shout out to is Stella Couture. Stella has been performing with the Circle City INPride Bag Ladies and she does a ferosh job. Gurl's a lil dancer and theatric without being over the top. She was a recent contestant in the Miss Hoosier 250 pageant and even though she didn't claim that crown, gurl won the race IMNSHO. I'm of the belief that talent takes all, but alas, I wasn't a judge. You can catch Stella in the Miss Gay Indianapolis pageant at Talbott Street on 6/5/08. Tell her Halle sent you!



The next gurl I'd like to introduce you to is your reigning Miss Gay Indianapolis, Holly Luyah. I've admired this gurl from afar for the past year and I have to say, she is a class act through and through. She's always prepared to give some advice and some support to any newbies and from what I've seen is quite the lil nurturer. I've shared the stage with Holly at two of the last three Bag Lady shows and gurl knows how to work it out! Whether doing some Dixie Chicks or some ghetto-fabulous, ass-shaking, bass-heavy crunk, miss thang always brings her A-game. Holly will be crowning the next Miss Gay Indianapolis on 6/5/08 at Talbott Street. Tell her Halle axed how she durrin'.

So I was out with my gurl Foxxy last night and I inadvertantly invented a new word. You see, Halle had a few adult beverages with some str8s before heading out to meet her gays and was a lil toasty by the time she got to Metro. At some point she was trying to greet someone with the standard, "gurl," but realized she was talking to a str8-acting man who hates that term and tried to save it by saying, "boy," but it was too late and it came out as "Burrl!" Foxxy has decided that "Burrl!" is the new "fetch" and is staging a one-woman campaign to introduce "Burrl!" to all of gaydom. One of the gayelles we ran into last night is all about it and has already started using it. What do you think? Say it a few times and see if you think it'll catch on.

One last tidbit...look for a new addition to Halle's Happenings coming up soon. My gays have decided that I should start an advice column. We'll call it "Holla at Halle." If you need some advice or have some questions, shoot me an email at hallepino@yahoo.com Halle will do her best to address your issue in an upcoming post.

Keep it spicy all you Halle Pino Poppers!

By the way, this is the Hawaiian Lei'd edition because I wanted to remind you to stop and smell some flowers today.

*kiss kiss*

No comments: