Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Blasts from the past...

Good afternoon, Poppers!



I hope everyone survived the weekend and you're enjoying a good week so far. As I've probably mentioned, your gurl is on vacation! I haven't done anything too terribly exciting, but I've enjoyed the shit out of a whole lotta nothing!



Friday and Saturday nights, I just laid around battling Montezuma's revenge. I'm not sure what I did to that fucker, but he was pissed off at me! It was soo not cute, but I emerged 3 lbs lighter so I'm not all that mad.



Sunday afternoon I met several friends at Talbott Street for the President's Day Brunch. I really wasn't sure what to expect as I'd not seen much in the way of advertising, but it turned out to be a pleasant afternoon.



The food provided by Hoaglin's Fine Catering was divine and the drinks were lovely. Too lovely. I had a few. Throw in performances by Asia LaBouche, Alana Steel, Vicky St. James and special guests Stacia Renee Onassis and Ashley Cruz and it made for a perfectly drunk afternoon. After we closed Talbott for the afternoon, a rather large group of Pride, Pride Board Members and Bag Ladies headed over to Metro where we continued to imbibe and just enjoy each other's company until I had to leave for a dinner date.

I did meet up with everyone else back at Talbott Street around 10:15 where we continued to drink and tip the gals. I gotta give major snaps to all the performers. Asia, Vicky, Alana, Stacia and Ashley had worked all weekend and some of them even worked (performed) at the fundraiser for Planned Parenthood this past Thursday. Ladies, thanks so much for keeping it going. I know y'all was tired, but you still put on several great shows. Love and hugs to all of you.

Kids, don't forget this Thursday, the Laugh Out Loud fundraiser at Talbott Street. Tickets are still available from Pride Board Members. They're $15 pre-sell and $20 at the door. Should be a great evening!

Please continue to keep Naomi Divine in your thoughts. Gurl's having a rough go at it right now. I'm praying for you, baby.

Well, my drink is watering down, so it's time for me to close this out. Spring's coming, babies...time to get bathing suit ready!

Keep it spicy!

*kiss kiss*

Halle

No comments: