Saturday, September 27, 2008

Miss Gay Indiana 2008

Good morning, Poppers!

It's your gurl Halle returning after a few days of much needed rest. After an incredible, action-packed weekend, I've finally started to get back into a regular routine...just in time to roll into the month of October, the Gay High Holiday Season.

Before we get into October, though, I just want to hit some hot highlights from a particularly pressurized pageant, Miss Gay Indiana 2008. Several fab, fierce faux femmes competed in the pageant including Erica King, Camilla Merlot, Macy Kirkland, Lola Palooza, newbie nymph Ginger Ale and my ab fab, ferosh FAVE Holly Luyah.

I'm pleased as purple passion punch to announce that my gurl Holly took first alternate though I reallllly and I mean REALLLLLLY wanted her to win of course. As always, she was poised, professional and pure perfection in my eyes, but alas, I wasn't on the judges panel. Holly, gurl...I'm sooo proud of you! You will always have my love, respect and adoration. Keep it up, gurl. As you and I both know, the best way to represent our community is to represent YOU! You are the best of the best.

As much as I wanted Holly to win, I'm happy to announce your new Miss Gay Indiana is Ginger Ale. I've known Ginger since she was just only little...I think we met when she was 19 or so? Ginger had a ton of support backing her and she was teeming with en pointe talent of her own. Ginger, stay true to you and your platform...work it out, gurl!

So while October is a month for fun, frivoity and raucous ribaldry, it's also a time for focus, philanthropy and fundraising. Just a couple of highlights: kicking of October in September, tonight, Greg's will be hosting their annual turnabout show, Bitches With Balls...a benefit for the Greg Power's DEFA Fund. Come out and support your favorite Greg's bartenders and bar staff. For more information, please click the Greg's link in Halle's Haunts.

On October 4, the Metro staff will be hosting THEIR turnabout, Sluts With Nuts. Be sure to get out and support both establishments. They're on the same team and always do a pheNOM job of raising money for DEFA and the Indiana AIDS Walk.

On October 11, please Please PLEASE get out for the Indiana AIDS Walk. It's taking place on a Saturday this year. There's still time to join or form your own team as well as provide financial support to someone who's walking. For more information, please go to www.indianaaidswalk.org

Well, that's it for now, habaneros. Halle's looking forward to a peaceful weekend before all the busy-ness starts.

Love you, babies!!

*kiss kiss*

Halle

No comments: