Monday, October 20, 2008

Halle's Hellacious Halloween Has Hit!!

Good morning, habaneros!!

Gurl, let me tell you what...Halle's a tarred betch!! Good lawd!
Here's her highlights:

Saturday October 18: Met Summer Clearance and Maestro at Olly's for brunch, then Summer and I went shopping for frocks. Saturday night, Summer, FitnessNerd and I went to a lil soiree on the lower east side then headed to Greg's. I was a lil tipsy.

Sunday October 19: Slept off my tipsiness and tried to keep from getting ill. Ate a few crackers and slept most of the day. Sunday night was show time!

Okay, so this was Halle's first foray into the pomp & circumstance and pumps and pleasantries of pageants. Can't say that I enjoyed it that much...backstage and inside, anyway. As usual, I loved the aspects of dressing up and performing, but your gurl just isn't that competitive and midway, I almost withdrew from the competition. Fortunately, Naomi Divine (hola, Mami!) was backstage to hold my hand and calm me down. I'll never forget her soothing words of encouragement: "bitch, I love you...but I will cut you." Those simple words helped me keep it together and rally, tally and sally forth.

There were four contestants: Ladonna, Veronica Storme, Donna Rhea and yours truly. Categories were evening gown/presentation; question & answer; performance; and talent. I'll post the pics, you guess which category was which.

Even though the main event of the night was supposed to be the pageant for Bag Lady Bus Tour Queen, the majority of those in the audience were there for a Bag Lady show...and damn it, they got one. A triple-around-the-world-and-back snap to my bestest sister, and Indiana's Own Blue Light Special: Summer Clearance for what had to be the hilarious highlight of the night when she channeled Sarah Palin and performed "Harper Valley, P.T.A." It was positively inspired and I couldn't be more proud of Summer. YOU...GO...GURL!!! Love ya, mean it, Clairee!

Sunday night's line-up included Cadillac Barbie, Sequoia Pentecost, Aurora Diamonds, Holly Luyah, Summer Clearance, Adessah Reed, Carolina Fox and Amanda Love. I know you visually-oriented ADHD whores just want to see pics, so here they are:


















Stay tuned to find out who is crowned this Saturday. Halle's best to all the contestants!
Gotta jet for now, Poppers. Much love to you all.
*kiss kiss*
Halle

No comments: